Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Sunday, October 10, 2004

The acupuncture is paying off

I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Gresham. Sometimes I find that a change of venue like this (away from home) gives me a new perspective and new grist for thought.

There's really no legitimate reason that people have to bring their laptops here. Either they believe the same thing that I just stated, that a change of scenery is good for the gray cells, or they just want to show off the fact that they actually HAVE a laptop. I, too, am not immune to that motivation, unfortunately. Fortunately, my Macintosh PowerBook usually trumps whatever other units show up here. Yeah, I'm cool.

Well, as you can see, the grist is really paying off. I guess I'm in a mood right now. Let's be frank. Can I be frank? I'm feeling pretty... uh... crumby right now. Okay, I'm feeling crappy. Can't really go into detail at the moment. Enough frankness.

There is an adorable dog patiently waiting outside the door for his master right now. Lab mix. I love dogs. They are so loving and faithful. They need you. They appreciate you. I love the bumper stickier that says "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am." Yeah. To see that tail wag is such a rush for me. There's nothing like it. You can always know exactly what dogs are thinking and feeling. Authenticity. They can't hide their feelings like we humans discipline ourselves to do.

The two 60's-ish ladies sitting next to me are now discussing the acupuncture that one of them has been undergoing. "It's really made a difference," she said. It's done wonders for the pain in her hip.

"Well I'm glad to know that. I've never actually known anyone who's done that," the auburn-haired one said.

The silver-haired one is going twice a week.

It's hard to follow the conversation too closely, even though I'm so close could simply turn my head to the left and spit on them, but the din of others talking, the hum of the coffee grinding machine, the rumble and gurgle of the espresso maker, and the background sounds of Perry Como crooning from the speakers in the ceiling, makes it difficult to hear all of what they're saying. I CAN tell they are talking about medical issues. The auburn one exercises and walks regularly.

There's a 50's-ish couple about 15 feet to my right reading The Sunday Oregonian as they sip their hot coffee drinks. It's noon now, and I expect the after-church crowd will be arriving shortly.

"His dad has to watch what he eats, doesn't he?" Auburn just asked.

"Oh, yes," Silver answered.

"Well, Becky never eats meat, and the kids won't eat meat. But they will eat pork," Auburn said.

Such culture, one can find at Starbucks. A true grist for thought.

I suppose, sarcasm aside, that TRUE thought is A Whole Nother Thing.


link | posted by Unknown at 10/10/2004 08:50:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com