Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Thursday, September 30, 2004

Abolish Trimet

I know this is not PC, but I don't necessarily run with that crowd
anyway.

I think we should abolish TriMet. Mass transit is really blown out of
proportion. The only time I have an interaction with the bus system is
when I'm behind one of those hogs on the road. All they cause is
traffic delays while they stop to pick up or drop off passengers. How
does that benefit anyone?

When is the last time you actually got somewhere FASTER because of a
bus? They're dangerous for traffic, too. Having to change lanes while
trying to move around one of those behemoths is tricky business.

Sure, subway systems and even bus lines are convenient when I'm
visiting another city. But let those local people pay for those
things. TriMet only taxes my wallet and my patience.

And don't get me started on MAX. It would have been a trillion times
cheaper if they simply would have paved a two-lane bus road where they
laid down the rail lines and then bought a few more busses and ran them
on the MAX right-of-way. A TRILLION times cheaper. But then we
wouldn't have such a beautiful mass transit icon to showcase to other
cities.

I could go on and on about the pollution that busses cause, too. But
that's A Whole Nother Thing.


link | posted by Unknown at 9/30/2004 01:18:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com