Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Saturday, October 09, 2004

Outdoor Singing Only, Please

Not really in the mood to blog, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Yesterday I stopped at UP to help Brant get his (our) Toyota to start. It's been having intermittent starting issues. A few weeks ago we had it towed from the campus out to Gresham and assumed the shop had fixed the problem. Wrong assumption.

The engine turned over, and over, and over, but it wouldn't start. Yes there was gas in it this time. We tried the theory that the battery needed a little help, so I jumped it from my car. No luck. So, we decided to try and push start it (it's a manual transmission). That was fruitless and no fun as well. That's a heavy car, even though it's just a little import.

So, we left it there and Brant will have to get it towed once again this week. It has 200,000 miles on it and for the most part it's been a great car. Hope it's resurrectable. I can't imagine that it's a very serious problem.

Getting over the major symptoms of my sinus infection. Just pretty tired now. Could be that the antibiotic wears me down. Took a long nap again today.

I got my rejection letter from the Blazers. I wonder how many times I will have to audition before they recognize what kind of world-class soloist they have on their hands. I guess at least one more time.

MattPGEPark.jpg

I suppose I could regale them with stories of my PGE Park successes, singing for the Portland Beavers and Timbers, but apparently that's A Whole Nother Thing.


link | posted by Unknown at 10/09/2004 04:27:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com