Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good Movie

I saw the new movie "World Trade Center," staring Nicholas Cage today. It was very good. More than once I found myself wiping my eyes.

Of course, there was really no plot; I mean there was no suspense as far as knowing what was going to happen. But nevertheless, the movie kept your attention. I thought I'd have a hard time picturing Nicholas Cage as a policeman on 9/11, but actually he did such a good job, I never really looked at the actor-- only the character. The other actors were very good as well.

I would heartily recommend this movie. When the credits rolled at the end, I just sat there. It was a very somber moment. I was the last to leave the theater. Granted, it was a matinee showing, and there was hardly anyone in the theater, but nonetheless, it was hard to just get up and resume life as usual.


link | posted by Unknown at 8/10/2006 08:01:00 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:07 PM, April 13, 2007~  

I have a hard time viewing chronicles of 9/11. I worked for an airline and was at work that day. I came home and watched on tv in a fetal position. I knew what it meant to my company, fellow employees and the nation.

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com