Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Charleston, South Carolina


I'm in historic Charleston. Here's a little travel log:

Sunday Evening, I drove over the new, spectacular Ravenel Bridge (by mistake because the map didn't tell me that the route I was taking was ONLY going over the
bridge). It's cool.

Monday morning I went down to the old Market; they used to sell slaves there. Now, it's an open air marked where people sell their wares. Really cool. I walked down by the battery, too and got some pictures. It was so nice, I returned in the evening for another liesurely stroll and more pictures.

Monday night I had grits and shrimp at A.W.Schucks. It's a chain down here in the South, recommended to me by Eric's wife, Amy. Had fried green tomatoes as an appetizer. Mmmm. Awesome.

I had lunch at an open air restaurant, the Noisy Oyster. Although it was probably well over 90 degrees outside (and humid), the ceiling fans (and possibly-- air conditioning blowing on the area?) made it very comfortable-- even though the huge windows were open to the street. Delicious blackened salmon with collard greens and hush puppies. I'm making a point to have key lime pie for desert everywhere while I'm here, although if I find some pecan pie I might change that plan.

Anyway, there's been lots of shopping and strolling. Charleston is a vibrant town. Many tourists and residents taking in the sights.

More to come...


link | posted by Unknown at 8/01/2006 06:18:00 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com