Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's Co.Ol.D.


Yeah, compared to Juneau, or some obscure place in the Rockies, we're not that cold, but regardless of the temperature, here at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge, when the East Wind kicks up you can really freeze your belly button (if it's exposed). With gusts up to 50 mph, visibility was actually ZERO this afternoon, even though it was totally sunny. It was ZERO because I had to walk with my eyes COMPLETELY CLOSED in order to keep my contacts from blowing clean to Scapoose!

I guess the wind also made it slightly hazy because this picture of Mt. Hood I took this morning didn't turn out as clear as I wanted.

I went shopping at Dollar Tree (where everything's a dollar!) to pick up some sundry items for Nine Forward, and to ostensibly buy my Christmas presents. Well, I put a few items into my basket and quietly (yet expectantly) moved to the front of the store. Expectantly, because I was actually assuming that I would find many cash registers open (this being the fortnight before Christmas, and all) and a virtual gaggle of helpful, friendly clerks just waiting to assist me, the paying customer. But alas, my expectations were dashed. There were THREE registers open, and a line of at least 15 people in line for EACH register! It looked like a 20 minute wait. I looked into my basket, then back at the lines. Then back into my basket. I had I think seven items. There's no way I'm going to wait 20 minutes to spend $7.

So, I walked back to a quiet aisle and left my basket on the floor. Yeah, I hate to admit it.

Then I drove to Wal-Mart (yeah, they're non-union, but they have good prices), where the aforementioned wind-contact lens incident occurred, and bought a bunch of things, including my new Christmas Tree. I will erect it tonight and I fully intend to publish a picture of it tomorrow for all of you (yes-- all) to enjoy.

Glad Tidings.


link | posted by Unknown at 12/10/2005 07:27:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com