Seldom at a loss for words.


ABOUT THE BLOGGER
Photo 8
Abode: Nine Forward
Interests: Writing, Singing, Working Out

Clickage Here Will Land You My Complete Profile

RECENTLY POSTED

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

IMPORTANT LINKAGE
Thanks for stopping by! Your visit here isn't complete until you do the comment thing. Don't make me pull over, just do it! Click on the "reflections" link at the end of a post.


*A WHOLE NOTHER THING:
A selection of words from my vast vocabulary, including the ubiquitous "the," the always versatile "and," and the more obscure "incontrovertible," arranged in frequently meaningful, sometimes profound, yet often pedestrian sentences and statements, designed with one goal in mind-- that being, to communicate; keeping in mind the oft-used bromide, "Never use two words when one will do the same job as two or more words would have done, unless you just want to take up space and sound important," which is, I must concede, too often a secret objective of mine indeed. And yet, now, the secret is out.




GrandmaBAuntRuth
Who ARE these women?


© MMX Mattquist. Some Rights Reserved


Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Go Sox!

As I was navigating my shopping cart down the aisle of the local Fred Meyer today, she snagged me.

"The best team, huh?" she said. 

It took only a few seconds for me to realize what she meant. I touched the "B" logo on my cap and smiled. "Yes, Boston?"

She smiled back. She had a warmth, a calm, a sense of serenity. She looked deep into my eyes, as if she could see everything. She said something about the Red Sox, that I, as a secondary fan, didn't quite capture. 

"Yes," I responded, trying to be friendly, even though I didn't get what she said. 

"That's my team," she smiled, "I'm originally from Boston."

"My son lived in Boston for a few years, so I became a fan of the Sox," I said.

She held her place in the aisle, smiling, and looking deeply into me.

We began a conversation that lasted more than just a few minutes. I was captivated by her gaze, and her friendliness. We discussed my sons, and their legal careers. She was impressed. She had lived near Boston College, where Keaton got his law degree. 

She asked me what I thought of Boston.

I said I liked the city. 

She liked that, and then we talked a little about Portland. 

It was a special encounter. One of those random meetings that... that are really cool. 



link | posted by Unknown at 1/04/2012 11:22:00 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Comment? CLICK--> Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | designed by mela | tweaked by matt

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com